IANTD OC or Sidemount Mine Diver Course Overview
The IANTD Mine Diver course is designed to develop the minimum skills and knowledge for cavern and overhead environment diving within the limits of light penetration, and outline specific hazards associated with cave diving. The cavern diver course is not intended to provide instruction for cave diving environments.
This is a 5-day course.
This Program is designed to train mine divers beyond the main tunnel but yet without a much more complex navigation.
How deep can you dive with the IANTD Mine Diver Program?
No dives may be conducted to depths greater than 130fsw (39 msw).
What do you need to enroll in this program?
- Minimum Age 18 years old (A written waiver can be requested, to IANTD HQ and Licensee, for a 16 years of age for Diver qualification with a parent or guardian authorization).
- If entering through modular route:
- Must be qualified as IANTD Introductory Cave Diver or equivalent;
- Must proof of a minimum of 30 logged dives.
- If not qualified as Introductory Cave Diver:
- Must have proof of 60 dives or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
What is the minimum materials requirements?
- IANTD Cave Diver Student Kit.
What this program must include?
- Academic Sessions
- ... and much more.
- Confined Water Sessions
- Survival Skills;
- Bouancy Skills;
- Propulsion Skills ... and much more.
- Open Water Sessions
- On a mine dive, with eyes closed or lights off simulate blacked out cave conditions maintaining contact with buddy and dive line using touch communications;
- Out of Gas Scenario;
- Regulator Failure Drill, Practice of ALL Emergency Scenarios and much more ...
|IANTD Open Circuit or Sidemount Mine Diver||€ 900|