TDI Intro to Cave Diver Course Overview
Are you ready to pick up where you left off in the TDI Cavern Diver Course? Are you looking to expand upon the skills developed in your previous overhead environment training? Sign up for the TDI Intro to Cave Diver Course!
This course is an introduction to the basic principles of cave diving utilizing a single primary guide line. Introductory cave diving is the second level in the development of proper techniques for cave diving, directly building upon the cavern diver course. This introduction to cave diving is not intended to train divers for all facets of cave diving. The objective of this course is the perfection of skills taught in the cavern diving program, in addition to the adoption of additional techniques and procedures required for elementary cave dives.
Who this course is for?
- The certified TDI Cavern Diver or equivalent who has interest in moving forward with overhead environment diving and expanding their diving techniques, capabilities, and more!
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Provide proof of TDI Cavern Diver certification or equivalent
What you can expect to learn:
The TDI Intro to Cave Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Policy for cave diving
- Gas management procedures and management to include dissimilar volumes
- Psychological considerations of cave diving
- Equipment considerations including:
- Cylinder options
- Regulator options
- Buoyancy compensator/harness options
- Proper weighting
- Reel options
- Equipment configurations
- Communication (light and hand signals)
- Swimming techniques
- Body posture/trim
- Buoyancy control
- Line following
- Propulsion (finning) techniques
- Breathing techniques
- Stress management
- Cave environment
- Cave conservation
- Problem solving
- Emergency procedures
- Equipment failure
- Silting conditions
- Accident analysis
- Cave diving etiquette
- Review of dive tables and decompression theory
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in single guideline cave diving activities without direct supervision provided the graduates adhere to the following requirements:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- Planned dives do not exceed diver’s current certification level
- Penetration is limited to the “rule of thirds,” OR 1/6th if using doubles to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet.
- Proper cave diving equipment must be used
- Maintain a continuous guideline
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are qualified to progress on to the next level of overhead environment training: the TDI Full Cave Diver course!
TDI Intro to Cave Diver minimum certification requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Intro to Cave Diver course written examination with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the instructor
- Perform all land drills and cave dive requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness and respect for the environment
- Log all training dives